It feels like the school has only just started, yet here we are again on vacation. Vacances des patates, as they are commonly called in Geneva are not as easy to plan with the crazy changing autumn weather.
Luckily there are still many options to occupy little and bigger ones every day during this October vacation in Geneva and around.
- MParc in La Praille (attention! not La Praille commercial center) has prepared the whole week of creative workshops for the October vacation for kids aged 3-12! Every day from 10h00 till 18h00. Check out the planning below or click on it to open MParc’s website with more details.
- MAH Genève (link here) has prepared the whole week of kids activities and as always, they’re brilliant! The majority of planned workshops, concerts, and shows are aimed at kids aged 6-12, but on Friday there will be lots to do for younger audience. Click on the image below to download the program and all needed info,
- Maison de la Créativité (link here) is opened this week every day from 14h30 till 17h30, and on Saturday from 9h30 till noon, and from 14h30 till 17h30. If your kids are aged 0-6 (well, to best benefit 2-6) they will adore this 3 storeys old mansion transformed into every child’s dream. Each room serves a different activity be it playing with light, playing with light tables, building a ceramic lamp, using colourful tapes to create images, or exploring the world of science. Or maybe just hang out in the surrounding park-sized garden filled with other fun adventures.
- MEG (linke here) – the Geneva ethnographic museum prepared many activities together with the Théâtre des Marionnettes de Geneve. Most of them are aimed at children aged 8+, some are accessible to those aged 7.
- Hameau du Pere Noel is ready to welcome all Santa’s little friends close by in France. This week opened daily from 10h00 till 18h00. Santa can also help your kid get rid of the dummy – for every finished friendship with the dummy, Santa will offer one meal to a child in Cambodia. Fun place even during bad weather.
- Parc Aventure in Evaux, (for children aged 3+)this week opened daily from 10h00 til 18h00 and is filled with Halloween decorations. Speaking of Halloween the adventure park will be opened from 19h till 23h00 on the October 28, and November 3-4.
- Genève Sa Gueule (link here) – a portraits exposition showing the diversity of Geneva population with accompanying activities for children aged 6+, though younger are welcomed to join with an adult when the place is not very busy. Absolutely worth visiting.
OTHER PLACES WORTH VISITING HERE AND THERE, DURING OCTOBER VACATION IN GENEVA
For kids aged 0+
- Papiliorama (click here to see their website)- butterflies (and bats) paradise. Parentville recommended ♥
- C la Venture, in Annemasse (France): an indoor play-park. visit their website here.
- Vitam’Ludic (link) and Vitam swimming pools (click here for detailed info)
- L’ile de Tortuga – for all ages (more info here) – the biggest indoors playing area in France.
- Zoo la Garenne (more info here)
- Warm waters of Bains de Cressy (more info here) or Bain Bleu (here’s their website).
Unforgettable Halloween party at @gymboreegeneva ! 🎃🕷
Turn up with your 1-5 year olds and join us dressed up the 31st of October for unforgettable Halloween Party! 🕷
We start at 14h30!
*Photo session corner
*Snacks and drinks *Free Play Gym
*Booked in Art Project with parents upstairs:
15h00-15h30 SpookyArtProject gr.1
16h00-16h30 SpookyArtProject gr.2
Places are limited, max. 15 per class, so please book your space in advance.
We cannot wait to see you all there!
This playful exhibition presents both urban and artistic installations, that aim to make us reflect on the relationship of humans with cities and nature. What role can everyone play in the nature-city relationship?
It was realized in collaboration with A-Musee by Michel Delajoud. Workshops offered Wednesday afternoons, weekends, and during the afternoon school holidays.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 16h-18h.
Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday: 15h-18h.
October Holidays (21-27 of October): 15h-18h.
Nighttime rides in the trains paradise! During the terrifying period of the year, the Swiss Steam Park opens its doors to the bravest for a ride in a ghost train. The park will be fully decorated with Halloween colours. Pumpkins per hundred, ghosts, witches, giant spiders will be at the rendezvous. Enjoy squash soup and chestnuts over a wood fire. Also: makeups and witchhunt! Special treat: night-time rides on the 12th, 19th, 26th, and 31 st of October (16h-22h).
Chaplin’s World has a whole October planned with spookiness! Till the 20th of October at 3 pm every day there will be a costume competition (a bit of acting needed as well!) and face painting. From October 21st till the 27th they will hold a black-light show where ghosts and ghouls dance at the Monster Ball, plus pumpkin carving workshops. At last, from October 28th till November 3rd, two kids enter for the price of one.
12h00 Danse en famille (tous les ages)
13h00 Atelier cupcake
16h00 Talk sur la comprehension de la posture et les epaules.
17h00 Core strenghts
8h00 – workshop musculation.
8h00 workshop anti-regime
9h00 circuit training
From the official documentation:
For its 30th anniversary, from 28th September to 6th October 2019, the Parcours Céramique Carougeois (PCC) returns to the roots of ceramics. Some twenty exhibitions give visitors an opportunity to discover how creators are currently reappropriating the technical and aesthetic heritage of their predecessors.
From Carouge to Geneva, the 16th edition of the PCC invites you to travel through time and space. Galleries, crafts arcades and museums display works by talented artists from all over the world.
Plastic … it’s not fantastic!
Where does it come from? What are the challenges for tomorrow? Where is it found on a daily basis? How to reduce its use? The children will exchange, rack their brains and leave with plenty of alternatives for their lives of small hummingbirds … Basic exercise for environmental challenges to come.
We will make together a “bee’s wrap” which is a great alternative to cellophane! Children will develop their ecological awareness, respect for nature and cooperation.
Workshop for children from 4 to 10 years
Sunday, October 13, 2019
9h to 12h
17 boulevard des Philosophes
Maison de la Creativite is open today, yes! A special treat during the October holidays!
The most fantastic place in Geneva for children between the ages of 0 and 8! A big villa, with each room devoted to a different theme, and a big park around with creative activities as well. In the Maison, you can craft, dress up, giggle, build, and discover the world and everyday life objects differently.