Main days for extracurricular activities in Geneva are Wednesdays and weekends. Many children also attend after school activities on school days, though that requires an adult to transport kids from the school to an activity, so is not feasible for all.
Luckily, in most places in the canton, you don’t need to drive a long way to find sports activities, language courses, or others. Most communes and districts organize and subsidize fun time for children. Be sure to check with your local Mairie or Maison du Quartier – they should have all the info.
There are, of course, other after school activities in Geneva, offered by private organizations. Below you’ll find links to existing articles on Parentville, that list these places under relevant themes, as well as other places I see often recommended on social media.
New categories will be added shortly: swimming, horse riding, music classes.
Please let me know in the comments what you are looking for, or what you know should be added, and I will do it asap!
A TIP: book spots as soon as possible! Some of these places were open for enrollments already in Spring.
Parentville’s top choices (personally and what I see people recommend):
1. Spell Languages (language courses: English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Italian, Russian, and more. Classes on schooldays, and 4h courses on Wednesdays and Saturdays).
2. CPAM Meyrin (ice skating, weekdays and Sundays)
2. Addict Lab (STEAM – science and art in one, mainly Wednesdays)
3. Red Whale Geneva (swimming classes in a gentle and playful atmosphere)
4. IT Step Academy (programming, internet safety, games design, video classes, and more).
5. Espace Colibri (school support in a playful way, but also yoga, discovery classes, arts, music).
6. Dulce’s Academy (sports, arts, theatre)
7. Exploraclub (on Saturdays, science for kids)
8. First Aid courses by Samaritans in Bernex (no link, the courses took place last year, best to contact them directly here).